Tuesday, 14 November 2017

How I live now

How I live now

Rosoff, Meg. How I live now, New York : Wendy Lamb Books, 2004
 

 
 

Set amidst a backdrop of a sudden, unexpected war, this novel is set in England. The heroine
Daisy, has come to countryside England to stay with her cousins. What starts as an idyllic situation turns into nightmare as war is declared. The cousins’ closeness is broken when government soldiers forcibly separate the children into boys camp and girls camp. Daisy and the younger Piper decide to escape and find their way back to the country house, hoping the boys do the same. Told in the first person, Daisy is a sympathetic character and we see her development in strength and courage. Although the tone is often bleak, there is a hopeful note at the end.

Available as book and DVD 
 



 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment